Studio Tuition & Fees
Tuition and Fees | 2023–2024
The tuition fee payment schedule is here.
- Alberta residents in grades 7–10: $11,525
- Non-Alberta residents in grades 7–9: $21,500 – $21,800
Families may also qualify for the Disability Tax Credit reducing the overall personal costs for families. Rundle College Society is offering two entrance bursaries for new students in fall 2023. Please see below for more details.
Family Membership Fee
We have a one-time fee that is due upon initial acceptance for the Studio. This fee helps fund ongoing faculty training, program support, and enhancements, allowing our faculty and staff to remain ahead of the curve on educational practices and trends. The chart below should help give further clarity around fee payments.
A one-time, per-family family membership fee of $2,000 is paid upon acceptance for all new families joining Rundle. This fee is non-refundable, non-transferable, and separate from tuition payments.
|Student Type||Family Membership Fee|
|Students enrolled in the 2022–2023 school year and any additional sibling||n/a|
|Students enrolled as of September 2023||$2,000|
|Students enrolled as of September 2023 — additional student in the same family||n/a|
|Families returning after an absence||n/a|
Uniforms & Co-curricular Costs
There are additional costs associated with uniforms and various activities. Co-curricular costs will be communicated by the school throughout the year. For full uniform details and costs, please see our Uniforms page.
Studio Entrance Bursary | Fall 2023
Rundle College Society is offering two bursaries valued at $5,000 each for students accepted to Rundle Studio in fall 2023. This bursary is made possible by generous donations in support of the Studio school for families that would otherwise be financially challenged to enrol in the program.
The bursary is based on a combination of factors including the student’s suitability for the program as well as the family’s net income from the previous year, taking into account the number of dependents in the family. Unique circumstances or special situations are also taken into account.
To be eligible for a bursary, please submit the following information in one submission:
- A Bursary Application Form (please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get the form);
- A copy of each parent’s Notice of Assessment for the 2022 year; and
- A formal letter outlining why your child will benefit from attending Rundle Studio as well as any additional information, including any unusual circumstances which will help Rundle assess your financial need.
Bursaries will only be granted to students who have applied and have been accepted to the Rundle Studio program for 2023–2024.
Bursary decisions are determined by the Rundle Financial Assistance Committee. All information will remain confidential and will only be reviewed by those processing and making decisions on your application.
If you have any questions regarding the bursary application process or you would like to apply, please contact email@example.com.
Learn more about financial assistance at Rundle here.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is tuition and are there payment plans?
Our 2023–2024 tuition is fully outlined here along with the payment options for each grade.
How can I make payments?
Rundle offers the following payment options:
- Online with your credit card via your SchoolAdmin parent portal account
- Please note that a 2% convenience charge is levied on credit card payments. Within your parent account, you can use your credit card to pay admission and tuition fees.
- Pre-Authorized Debit
- Please complete the PAD Agreement (located within SchoolAdmin) and we will withdraw the funds from your account in accordance with the payment option selected. PAD Agreements must be cancelled in writing or will be automatically cancelled upon withdrawal or graduation.
What is the withdrawal policy?
Students who withdraw between February 15 and June 15 for the coming school year will forfeit the $4,000 deposit. Students who withdraw after June 15 must pay the full year’s tuition fee. Tuition paid is non-refundable and non-transferable.
What does tuition cover?
Independent schools in Alberta receive grant funding from the provincial government at a reduced rate and on a limited number of grants. Rundle’s primary funding source is tuition fees. Tuition is charged to cover the cost of operating schools where the most significant expense is school staff resources in order to maintain small class sizes, attract and retain the best teachers and provide an elevated, personalized, rigorously well-rounded experience for each student. Other operating costs include rent, financial aid, facility security and maintenance, insurance and administrative costs.
Tuition does not cover significant facility or programming enhancements other than annual repairs and maintenance. Rundle relies on donations and fundraising from its generous community to support significant improvements in these areas. Please visit our Giving Page to learn more about how you can support our extraordinary community through a variety of options.
The following chart shows how funds are allocated for spending in the 2023–24 school year.
How are tuition fees determined?
Each year, Rundle administration prepares the budget for the coming school year with guidance and oversight from the Board of Directors and in alignment with the Board’s priorities. Tuition rates are a component of the budget and are approved by the Board of Directors.
Why have tuition fees increased?
Tuition fees are reviewed annually in the course of budget preparation. Rundle strives to minimize increases while planning for adequate resources to continue offering the highest quality of education, maintaining small class sizes and elevated programming.
Rundle has experienced increased inflationary pressure on many costs, notably insurance, instructional supplies, technology devices, and facility operations. Rundle has also applied an increase to the teacher salary grid, in response to the increase granted to public school teachers in Alberta recently. Rundle maintains a favourable total compensation package in comparison with public school boards in order to retain its position as an employer of choice and continue attracting the best educators in the province.
In response to these increased costs, Rundle’s tuition rates will increase an average of 5% for September 2023. Our Studio tuition costs are outlined here.
Are tax receipts provided for tuition?
Rundle provides the following receipts that may qualify for tax credits:
- Tuition paid for students with diagnosed learning disabilities attending Rundle Academy may qualify as a medical expense for tax purposes. Please consult with a tax advisor for more information on this potential tax deduction opportunity.
- Families who utilize the before/after school child care services at the College K–6 School will receive a child care tax receipt for monthly fees paid.
- New for 2022: Child care tax receipts will be provided for the proportion of time students are supervised at school and not engaged in instructional activities where students are working towards achieving educational goals.
- Receipts will be available in January/February each year. Please consult with a tax advisor for more information on this potential tax deduction opportunity.
Rundle sets tuition rates annually at the level required to maintain small class sizes, attract the best educators, and ensure the financial sustainability of the organization while keeping rate increases to a minimum and in line with competing schools.
This chart compares Rundle’s average tuition (2021–2022) against other independent schools within Alberta and against other similarly sized schools across Canada with consideration of class size (grey line). Rundle maintains the lowest class sizes while moderating tuition levels.
This chart shows the proportion of total salary/benefit spending per student between teachers and non-teachers. Rundle spends a greater proportion of total salaries and benefits per student on teacher staffing in order to maintain small class sizes.
Financial assistance is currently available to families with children presently enrolled in a Rundle program.
Rundle College Society is offering two entrance bursaries for new students entering the Studio program this fall. For full details see please refer to our financial assistance information.